There are nine signs that a parent might be experiencing blocked :
- They are caught up in coping with their child’s behavior and lose curiosity about the meaning behind it.
- They feel defensive and guard themselves from rejection.
- They feel burned out, chronically overwhelmed, and fatigued.
- They feel irritable with other family and friends.
- They isolate themselves.
- They become cynical about helpful ideas.
- They feel they ’have lost compassion – which leads to shame.
- They experience a crisis of faith or challenge of a personal belief system.
- They do not feel real pleasure in parenting.
Share this resource with friends: